Monday, August 3, 2015

Kristina Canady - Interview


Author Name: Kristina Canady                                 
Fiction or Non-Fiction: Fiction         
Genre(s): Paranormal and Contemporary Erotica
Number of books published: 4
Links to published work (Amazon, Smashwords, etc):
  • Web Page www.kristinacanady.com
  • Amazon, Nook and Kobo


WYLABWYW: Author Bio

Raised in California, Kristina moved to Colorado to pursue her education and fell in love with the area as well as her now husband. After pushing through college class by class with a few maternity breaks in between, she finally graduated with the support of her husband, family and friends. Her four year degree took a lot longer for her to complete as life led her down a scenic route.

After establishing her career in nursing, she felt something was missing. Her artistic side was calling so she started to pick up her writing and painting again. After a while, she found that her short story had grown into her first novel. Writing is a passion of hers and she feels the greatest achievement in her art is creating works that bring enjoyment to others.

She continues to reside in Colorado with her husband and children. Kristina is working on the next installment of The Lunar Eclipse Series as well as the next in the Affliction of Falling Series.


WYLABWYW: Tell us a little bit about yourself. Something we won’t find in you author bio on your website (do you work, hobbies, what do you like to do when not writing/working, etc.).

I cuss like a sailor and have a very sarcastic/ inappropriate sense of humor. I love to cook, and work out when I can and look for fun ways to shake it up like kickboxing and dance classes when I am not working or chasing kids. I am also addicted to pintrest/ DIY projects, pinups, red lipstick, shoes and love the outdoors. #treehuggerwithstyle


WYLABWYW:  Are you self-published, with an agency, or a combination of the two?

Self published


WYLABWYW: What inspired you to become a writer?

My love of the written word. Writing is like putting together a puzzle, hoping the end result will captivate.

WYLABWYW: Do you have a mentor or mentors?

My fellow authors/ peers are amazing and have taught me so much. My readers also teach me. I love constructive criticism, it helps me grow.


WYLABWYW:  What do you do to prepare for a story?

Dirty dreams, day dreams, write lots and lots of scribbled notes. Then I story board and organize my thoughts.

WYLABWYW: What do you find to be your biggest obstacle in the writing process?

Time to actually write is number one. Number two is being awake enough to organize my thoughts into coherent ones for the pen to put to page.


WYLABWYW:  Where do you do your writing?

I LOVE to frequent coffee shops like a stereo typical writer. But honestly, I write everywhere. My laptop goes with me and if I don’t have that, I have my notebook.


WYLABWYW: Do you listen to music when you write? If so, what do you typically listen to?

 Yes, a lot. I love all types of music and will tune my Pandora into a station that fits the mood of what I am writing. If I am writing sexy stuff, I flove my Maxwell station for that J


WYLABWYW: How much of your book(s), if any, is taken from real life events?

I take many aspects of real life and explore them in my writing. Some of the funny antics actually happened in real life or sometimes I will use opposites when building characters. If someone initially inspired a character, I may use real life aspects of that person or the opposite of their character. Honestly though, inspirations from real life are loosely based as the characters and events really do take on a life of their own.


WYLABWYW:   Who is/was your biggest support for your writing career?

My family and friends


WYLABWYW:  What lead to write your chosen genre?

I write about what I am most passionate about. Vampires and sex… yes!


WYLABWYW:  Tell us about your book(s).


Lunar Eclipse Series is my vampire series. I pose the main question in book 1, “What would happen if you were married to your high school sweetheart, living your life, only to find out that you weren’t who you thought you were and your soul mate is someone else.” The series follows our lovers journey and begins to evolve into its own tale. They are not standalone books and need to be read in order.


In my Affliction of Falling series, which is Contemporary Erotica, we meet a group of friends who are finding themselves and finding love as well. Self-discovery proves to be the best vehicle for understanding matters of the heart. Book 1, Scrupulous, releases Aug. 1 and is a standalone. We meet Gavin and Sorcha, two promiscuous individuals with different kinky backgrounds who discover one another during a night of passion and learn quickly the art of compromise as well as give and take in order to foster their budding love.


WYLABWYW:  Do you have muses you used for your characters?

Sometimes, sometimes they are just ideals made reality.


WYLABWYW: Time to give your support a shout out! Tell us about your crew (cover designer, photographer, editor, videographer, proofreader, swag designer, etc.)

Where to start?! My fellow author friends who guide/ help me, my PA’s Susan, Becca and Angel… Becca, Angel and Stracey are also the Sassy Queens of Design responsible for my amazing media, covers and swag. Eric Battershell photography for turning me out on male models for covers ie Scrupulous, lol. My new editor Cynthia Shepp. And all of the amazing betas!


WYLABWYW: What are you working on now, and when can we expect your next release?

I am working on part 4 in the Lunar Eclipse Series due out the April 2016 Eclipse, I only release book in this series on the actual eclipse J Book 2 in the Affliction of Falling series is outlined but on the back burner for now.


WYLABWYW:  Do you have any upcoming signing events or appearances scheduled later this year or in 2016?

 Yes, Rock and Read Vegas January 2016, SASS Virginia Signing 2016 and Naught in the West 2016


WYLABWYW: Which new authors have caught your attention?

Gawd there are so many I am lucky enough to call friend who have! I don’t know where to start!


Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us all.


1 comment: