Monday, August 24, 2015

Tesa Erven - Interview


Author Name: Tesa Erven
Fiction or Non-Fiction: Fiction
Genre(s): Romance
Number of books published: 1
Links to published work (Amazon, Smashwords, etc): https://www.amazon.com/author/tesaerven

WYLABWYW: Author Bio
Tesa Erven was born and raised in San Francisco, California. She currently resides in New Jersey with her husband and two kids. She works as an office administrator for a global outplacement firm which focuses on career transition, developing resumes and connecting people to jobs. In her spare time, she enjoys reading, writing and singing.  The Loose End is her first published work.

WYLABWYW: Tell us a little bit about yourself. Something we won’t find in you author bio on your website (do you work, hobbies, what do you like to do when not writing/working, etc.).
When I was younger, I wanted to be a professional singer. I went to a recording studio and sang Whitney Houston’s, “I Have Nothing.” The producer told me to come back in six months when I had a better image. I used to wear what some would call, “coke bottle glasses”. Needless to say, I never went back and hid my love for singing.

WYLABWYW:  Are you self-published, with an agency, or a combination of the two?
My book is self-published.

WYLABWYW: What inspired you to become a writer?
I am an avid reader especially fiction novels. One day, I just thought to myself, “I can do that.”

WYLABWYW: Do you have a mentor or mentors?
I consider Author J. Asmara (www.amazon.com/author/jasmara) my honorable mentor. She has been very instrumental in keeping me focused on accomplishing my goals to becoming a successful author.

WYLABWYW:  Where do you do your writing?
I keep a notebook with me on the go. I write the whole story in there before scanning it into the computer. I still have a thing for the old fashioned scratch and scribble… I write everything down on paper.

WYLABWYW: Do you listen to music when you write? If so, what do you typically listen to?
I don’t often listen to music while writing but when I do, I love R&B slow jams.
I can listen to that category on iHeartRadio for hours.  

WYLABWYW: How much of your book, if any, is taken from real life events?
Some of the places/establishments in my book are places that people can actually visit. I would recommend Sonoma Valley, where you really can tour the Korbel winery.

WYLABWYW:   Who is/was your biggest support for your writing career?
My parents, my family and close friends are definitely my biggest supporters.
They inspire me not give up even when I feel the weight of the world on my shoulders.

WYLABWYW:  What lead you to write your chosen genre?
Back in the mid 90’s, I read Brenda Jackson’s first romance novel, Tonight and Forever. After that, I wanted to create my own love story. I like creating twists of characters being unknowingly connected to each other. It’s a small world and I prove that in my writing style. 

WYLABWYW:  Tell us about your book.


Renee Lawson is single and having an affair with a married man. On her 25th birthday, they spend the most unforgettable weekend together. Further into the story, she does meet Bradsen Myers, a single prominent attorney but Renee only has eyes for her lover. So, when he vanishes without a trace, Renee is offered help from the single man she turned her back on. That’s when things get interesting because she starts to build a connection with Bradsen. Soon, she wonders, how can she start to move on with her life when her heart still belongs to someone else?  

WYLABWYW:  Do you have muses you used for your characters?
I would say my childhood best friend of 20+ years. She definitely has my back like the supporting character, Sabrina in my book. She is always there to guide me through those good and bad times. 
  
WYLABWYW: Time to give your support a shout out! Tell us about your crew (cover designer, photographer, editor, videographer, proofreader, swag designer, etc.)
My cover design is by Michelle Lee Designs at Selfpubbookcovers.com.  I am very pleased with the way it turned out.

WYLABWYW: What are you working on now, and when can we expect your next release?
My next release is tentatively titled, “Bonded for Life”. It is about a single woman in a complex relationship with a man that is torn between two women. One of them gets pregnant and that forces the man to make a tough decision on which woman, if either, will he settle down with? It is expected to be out the beginning of 2016.


Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment